Are you an experienced grant writer with a passion for public health and holistic care? SDUIH is hiring a Grants Director!
Grants Director | Full-time, salaried (exempt) | Pierre, SD or Sioux Falls, SD
The Grants Director will manage and oversee all South Dakota Urban Indian Health’s grants and grant programming, including grant submission, financial reporting, and ensuring all grant goals are achieved. The Grant Director will work with all members of the SDUIH team to ensure objectives and goals are carried out effectively and on time per grant requirements. The ideal candidate will be organized, able to adhere to deadlines, communicate well with a diverse team, and be knowledgeable about many public health topics.
The ideal applicants will have:
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic community-based participatory research methods, including facilitation of focus groups, utilizing validated questions and surveys for grant activities, basic analysis of data obtained from grants, and engaging the community to participate in grant activities.
- Basic program and research evaluation methods.
- Knowledge of research ethics and research review boards.
- Financial rules and regulations as they relate to various granting agencies.
- Publishing papers and results in peer-reviewed and other journals and publications.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships with staff and community members.
- Knowledge of healthcare systems, clinic processes, healthcare terminology, public health, health disparities, health promotion/disease prevention, and disease prevention and intervention.
- Knowledge of behavioral health interventions, terminology, and treatment. Including but not limited to mental health diagnoses, substance use disorders, medication assisted treatment, etc.
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in grants management.
- Established work with Native communities in Pierre and Sioux Falls.