Who We Are
South Dakota Urban Indian Health (SDUIH) – We are an Urban Indian Health Clinic funded through a contract with Indian Health Service (IHS). We are a non-profit corporation (incorporated October 6, 1977). (click to see locations)
SDUIH operates two full-time medical/behavioral health clinics in South Dakota, one located in Pierre (PI) and one located in Sioux Falls (SF). SDUIH meets qualifications listed below:
- Urban Indian Health Program – Title V contract with Indian Health Service (IHS)
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
- AAAHC Accredited
- AAAHC Medical Home Accredited
- SD State Alcohol Accredited
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Accredited
- Quality Innovative Learning Network (QILN) IHS Site
Join us on a tour of our clinics!!
Patient Centered Medical Home
A Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a model of care where patients have a direct relationship with their provider, who coordinates a cooperative team of healthcare professionals, takes collective responsibility for the care provided to the patient and arranges for appropriate care with other qualified providers as needed. Your care team is your medical provider, nurse, counselor, front-desk staff and YOU. Your care team knows you and your family to give you the best care possible.