Who We Are
South Dakota Urban Indian Health – We are an Urban Indian Health Clinic funded through a contract with Indian Health Service (IHS). We are a non-profit corporation (incorporated October 6, 1977) that operates two full-time Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) clinics in the state of South Dakota.
The AIM of SDUIH is to develop a comprehensive patient-centered healthcare system that provides exceptional care focused on patient/staff satisfaction and services that are curlturally appropriate, mission aligned &:
- Safe, Reliable, Efficient, & Effective
- Timely, Coordinated & Integrated
- Accessible by offering an appointment today
- Promoting patient self-management
- A Positive Care Management approach to improve patient health factors in the community
- Creating a Proactive, Empowered and Solution focused work force.
SDUIH operates two full-time primary health care clinics in the state of South Dakota located in: Pierre and Sioux Falls. Please join us on a tour of our facilities and programs and meet the staff.
South Dakota Urban Indian Health’s vision is to provide an integrated model of care which includes both a medical home and holistic quality care for all patients.