Diabetes education program has an integrated diabetes education team who collaborate to provide culturally-sensitive and quality diabetes information to our patients. Our goal is to maintain health and prevent/delay complications through needs assessment, education intervention, and education intervention and education follow-up. Primary prevention strategies are utilized to promote wellness to individuals and the community. Patients are educated on diabetes topics based on needs assessment and diabetes knowledge surveys. Diabetes education is then provided to clients in an individual and/or group setting per the patient’s choice.
AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION (ADA) ACCREDITED
- Services are provided by a Diabetes Care Manager, Registered Dietician and Licensed Nutritionist
- Diabetes Health Needs Assessment
- Diabetes Knowledge Surveys
- Diabetes Education (Individual or Group)
- Earn Crock Pots, Electric Griddle
- Grocery Store Tours with Diabetes Staff