South Dakota Urban Indian Health(SDUIH) offers affordable primary and preventative health care for adults and children of all ages. Family practice providers are experienced and available to assist with a variety of medical needs and services. SDUIH promotes good health through;
- Preventative Medicine
- Health Screenings
- Health Education
- Same Day Appointments
- Providers Selected by the Patients
- Referrals to Area-Specialist are made as necessary
- Men's Health
- Child & Infant Services
Heart Disease Screening Services:
- Blood Pressure Check
- Cholesterol Check
- Blood Glucose (or hemoglobin A1C if previously diagnosed with diabetes)
- Three nutritional and physcial activity teaching sessions (first year enrollees)
- Support to quit tobacco product use.
South Dakota Urban Indian Health (SDUIH) participates in the South Dakota State Department of Health All Women Count program (AWC). AWC provides services for women 30-64 without insurance, or women who have insurance but are unable to pay their deductible or co-payment.
All Women Count Program criteria include age, income, and insurance status
Age - Women who are 30 - 64 years of age and meet the income guidelines (see below) are eligible for:
- Office Visit with pelvic exam
- Clinical breast exam (CBE)
- Cervical cancer screening (Pap test)-cycle for Pap depends on risk for cervical cancer
40 -64 years of age (all of the above plus)
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram)
30-39 years of age
- CBE suspicious for cancer and in need of a diagnostic mammogram (must have preauthorization by calling 1-800-738-2301).
Referred Diagnostic Services (Include but are not limited to):
- Breast Biopsy and related costs
- Income is the combined income in the home. Income is self-report; the program does not require proof of income such as a W-2 or pay stub.
- The income reported is "gross" income (income before taxes). Family size is the number of individuals that are supported by the total income.
- Refer to the "Income Guidelines for Screening Eligibility (Can be found on the website: www.getscreened.sd.gov).
- Must be un-insured or under-insured (co-payment, limited coverage, unmet deductible) to qualify for the program.
- Women with Medicare Part-B coverage should contact their Medicare providers for these services (not eligible for All Women Count!)
- Women with Medicaid coverage should contact their Medicaid providers for these services (not eligible for All Women Count!)
|Total number of individuals in the household||Maximum yearly income|
6 or more
Call 1-800-738-2301 (in SD only), for more information
HIV Testing and Care
- Confidential testing
- Free to all Native Americans and through Family Planning
- Test results in 60 seconds
- Confirmation testing available
Comprehensive HIV care provided
Medication and Disease management
Telemedicine visits available with an Infectious Disease Specialist
SDUIH provides comprehensive school physical for all ages including:
- High school
- College examinations
SDUIH experienced clinicians provide a wide variety of physical examinations some of which include:
- Annual health exams
- School sports
- Admission to substance abuse treatment facilities
- CDL Physicals
These examinations focus on providing an informative assessment of the patient's health, and consist of the following:
- Promoting Wellness
- Proper Nutrition
- Exercise Lifestyle Changes
- Personalized guidelines
- Specific recommendations to maintain optimal health
- Immunizations, Vaccinations, and Routine laboratory testing (vital signs, blood pressure, heart rate, etc.)
- Screening tests
The Family Planning Program is funded through the South Dakota Department of Health and Medical Service. The program provides services to anyone capable of reproduction, regardless of age, sex, race, number of pregnancies, marital status, or income. Services are provided to clients solely on a voluntary basis in a manner that protects and respects their rights to confidentiality and dignity.
The program provides the following services;
- Counseling (Pregnancy Options, Infertility)
- Medical Care
- Cervical Cancer Screening (pap smear)
- Pregnancy Testing
- Birth control pills
- Depo shot
- Nuva Ring
Fees for services are based on total income and family size.
*Family Planning Fee Scale* (Coming Soon)
All services are confidential.